River/Creek Flooding Information

April 3rd, 2014 at 5:46 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Complete flooding info via NWS hydrologists:

NWS Indianapolis:  http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=ind

NWS Northern Indiana:  http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=iwx

NWS Chicago:  http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lot

NWS Lincoln, Illinois:  http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=ilx

24 Responses to “River/Creek Flooding Information”

1. O No Moe says:

It sure feels cold enough to snow. The wind has shifted out of the North. Brrr.

2. Cathy says:

I watched Chad at 6 seems like the severe threat may miss us. You’re right it has definitely cooled off

Measured 3.00 inches of rainfall, temp is now 43.9*

Nice to see you back Bud! where have you been?

4. Cathy says:

Teri, still on hold? LOL

5. we an’t going to hit 60s tonight nah if we do cool but we won’t be able to enjoy it lol

6. Misty says:

Hope the birds have their umbrellas ready!

@Teri..I have spent my computer time researching why I ran out of Forever Stamps. When I purchased them I assumed they would last forever. I found out that when dealing with the federal government forever only applies to taxes.

I have been reading the comments of the good folks on the blog though.

I hope your feeling better Teri. You too MA.

Looks like the cold air might win. Currently 43.3* here.

8. Cathy says:

@Bud, they’re saying the warmer air won’t move in until real late tonight

9. Misty says:

So, severe weather threat tonigt or no?

10. Thanks, Bud for the good thoughts. You have been missed, my friend. Glad to see you back on here. The arm is a “teensy” bit better. I have no business sitting here typing, but I cant seem to help myself during severe wx!! Teri I hope you are feeling better, too!

We have fog and a temp of 40*! Oh please tell me the threat for severe has lessened tonight???!! I watched the 5:00 but not the 6:00. what has changed? The timing maybe? I need SLEEP tonight, LOL! We have flooding here in Remington. Carpenter Creek is out of its banks. More rain will not be real good :-(

Later…MA in REM

11. And thanks, Chad for all that info on Apr 3, 1974. That radar shot looks primitive compared to what we have today. I assume the part you have circled is the hook? But to me it looks like it is wound backwards to what it should be??

12. O No Moe says:

It sure looks like the cold front in IL will pass through south of the viewing area well before the warm front arrives. The warm front is passing Evansville now.

Ditto on primitive radar Mary Anne. Remember in the late 50′s when there wasn’t any weather radar and our local TV weather guy used a chalk board for his forecast?

14. Misty says:

Technology has come a long way in forecasting. What we accept now may seem like marks on a chalk board in 30 years. But we will always talk about the weather. Or complain about it.

To clarify my previous post, there was weather radar available to meteorologist in the 50′s it just wasn’t widely used for on air weather forecast.

And watching the forecast one always saw snow:)

17. I sure do, Bud ;) Just found out watching TWC that a tornado had hit Farmersville, TX. I have an online WX friend who lives there. I am on her FB page now and she has not posted for a while.

Also, re: Ft Hood shooting…our son-in-law has a cousin whose fiance was shot and was in surgery last night. Have not heard an update today. The whole world is kinda hmmmm…cant put it here….you all know what I mean :(

MA

Hope your feeling better Mary Anne. Looks like the nasty stuff might stay south of us. Received almost 2 inches of rain in Kentland. Glad to see you back Bud. Have a good night all. Jim

Tragic news that Fort Hood Shooting !!! Mary Anne. I hope the wounded people make a full recovery.

20. Misty says:

MA, fupped duck? I hope that your extended family is ok.

21. Cliff says:

FYI folks today is the day the Super Outbreak of the tornadoes of 1974. How well I remember that day. BUT nothing like the Palm Sunday tornado (s) of 1965. A day of pure terror…never to be able to describe.

22. Misty says:

Cliff,chad made a post about that. Thank god that there was goverment aid to help those people.

23. Misty says:

Although now that I think about it, people should have just eat there own boot straps and everything would have been fine.

24. Misty ;) Cliff…were you there that day in 1974? I begged the editor of the newspaper to let me do a memorial book for the 25th anniversary, I wanted to do survivor stories. He just blew me off. I had help from the ppl in an IA tornado who were willing to walk me through the process. Nope, he would have nothing to do with me. So many stories are lost.

I am SOO thankful the severe stuff is south. Not that I want anyone to have it, but for us I am thankful we dont have to worry about storms at night,

G’night all :-)