Update

July 21st, 2013 at 4:56 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

After the dew point dropped to 63 lastnight, it is back up to a tropical 73 as of 5 p.m.

Even though the temperature is only 83 degrees, that 73-degree dew point makes it feel like 89.

A wave of showers & t’storms is likely evening-tonight to early Monday morning.  This will be followed by a break Monday morning-afternoon.  It appears another round of showers & t’storms is possible Monday night-Tuesday morning.

Right now, it appears any severe weather will stay to our northwest, but we will continue to monitor.

These look like multi-cellular cluster of showers & t’storms, nothing really organized.

17 Responses to “Update”

1. The humidity is AWFUL!!! Looking forward to some rain!!

MA in REM :-)

I’m with you Mary Anne. You can work up a sweat walking the dog.

3. Ryan H says:

Looking forward to a nice steady rain tonight!!!!!

4. Renee says:

BOOM

5. Nancy says:

Big boom!!

6. Renee says:

Big bada BOOM

Thankful for 1.73″ of needed rain. Hopefully everyone got a beneficial amount.

8. Ken - Mulberry says:

We’ve had 0.87 inches of rain from roughly 3 a.m. to 6:30 a.m. so far south of Mulberry. And it’s still a light, gentle rain. (I love my new rain gauge.) What a welcome break from the dry conditions!

9. Ken - Mulberry says:

Looks like it’s ending here and clearing out. Checked the rain gauge again, and final amount since 3 a.m. this morning is 0.96″ south of Mulberry. NICE! We’ll take it!!

I measured 2.59″ of rain, could that be right??? My numbers are higher than anyone’s at this point..um I know the it was torrential rainfall, I was up watching it. And what a light show!

Bud approximately where are you located again?, I know you are not far from me.

11. You guys are SOO blessed!!! I only got .19 :-( Thankful for that but sure could use some more!!

12. Chuck says:

0.63 inches of rain NE of Frankfort. I’ll take it!

@Teri..I’m located in Woodridge south of Brady Lane. Your rain total is certainly possible. You know how these summer rains are. Amounts very greatly within a small area. I see up in the NE part of Kosciusko County there was a reported 4.86″. The closest amount to that was 2.76″ with a low reported total of .97″.

Mary Anne, sorry and surprised to hear that was all the rain you got. Your area certainly was one of the lower in the area.

Also Teri, I don’t know what kind of rain gauge you have? I haven’t had much luck with the accuracy of my two electronic rain gauges. The one on my weather station reads lower and my stand alone reads higher that my manual CoCoRahs gauge. So I report my total from my CoCoRahs gauge. But that’s just me.

I have two gauges, one electronic and a regular gauge,(not a CoCoRahs)the one that is not electronic read higher.

@Bud, I am right in the middle of you and WLFI..I think they reported 2″ at the station, not sure on that though.