Highly-Variable Rainfall Past Two Days

June 22nd, 2013 at 6:41 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Rainfall varied greatly today, in typical Indiana pulsey-t’storm fashion.

Bud, your 0.95″ was on of the highest totals in Tippecanoe County.  I measured 0.05″ at WLFI.

As you can see many areas saw no rain, but a few select locations received 1″.

15ADI Map IVADI Map IIV31

7 Responses to “Highly-Variable Rainfall Past Two Days”

Yes Chad, it’s the old pouring rain on one side of the road, but dry on the other side.

The next rain I’ll probably be the dry one.

Teri doesn’t live far from me and we go back and forth all summer about our varying rain amounts. With our snow amounts in the winter, not so much.

2. ch n ffort says:

Was crazy. Doing roof job on south county line (Clinton co) sky got black so we packed up thinking day was over. Went to lunch came back didn’t rain a drop. According to radar it came right to us n “died”

3. Ken - Mulberry says:

Haha, I know what you mean ch n ffort! I brought in all the tools and lawn equipment, closed the barn and garage and waited for a storm to hit. Sprinkled out here south of Mulberry, but no storm that the wind/temp drop/sky hinted was coming our way!

4. ch n ffort says:

Hoping chad can hold off rain long enuf tomorrow for me to get finished…lol

5. Katie says:

No rain at all today here in Buffalo, IN. Heard rolling thunder, however. My husband is a letter carrier in Monticello and he said the thunder (one huge “BOOM”) was pretty large.

Same happend to my daughter in Monticello, no sooner did they get the boat in the water that the “sky turned dark and windy”. They took the boat out of the water, found a safe place to go, not a drop of rain. They ended up having a good day on the lake:) However when my daughter got home, she said ” WOW. Lafayette got Rain?” LOL.

7. Same here, watched dark blue skies to my west, heard some thunder…not a drop.