Update

June 21st, 2013 at 5:18 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Storms have continue to form & gell on outflow boundary of former MCS.  The line is pretty well-formed, but it is unclear how long these storm can sustain themselves, given the conditions much less favorable for storm organization downstream.

Regardless, they are putting out heavy rainfall & a lot of lightning.  Moving south-southeast & southward, hopefully these will bring a good rain to most of the area this evening.  Demand for water is high right now with actively-growing corn, soybeans, grass & vegetation in general.

13 Responses to “Update”

1. Just started raining! Thank you God, for the rain :-)

Yay Mary Anne, thought it was going to get you:) I have the grill going and my car parked with the windows down:)
    But then again dinner would be ruined and my car seats would be wet LOL! who cares;)

3. Got right at .40 inch rain!!!!! Getting lighter in the western sky again.

And I really timed dinner right!! Good for you Mary Anne!

5. Ryan H says:

Looks like it’s gonna make it here to West Lafayette! Yeah!!!

I’m very happy for the rain but my husband’s 70ft tower was struck & took out our weather station.. Whole house smelled like burning circuitry.

Here comew the wind and rain!

8. Ryan h says:

Initial wind surge just came through. Temp dropped 15 degrees here. Lots of thunder and dark skies west of west lafayette.

And I have the grill going, just rolled up car windows, moved car because of small branches falling. Thunder now.

10. Autumn…how awful!!! Those things are not cheap at all. Was that all it got? Storms are over here, birds are chirping sky is lighter. We got .48 inch of beautiful rain. Not much wind, a lot of lightning.

Teri did you save supper?? :-)

Hey Mary Anne.. Don’t tell.. But the rain was worth it! I’m guessing our insurance will cover.. We also lost a computer and maybe wi-fi.

12. Oh man, Autumn! How much rain did you get to make it worth it?? :-)

Oh no Autum! There is still lightning and thunder where I am in Laf