Update

April 11th, 2013 at 2:39 am by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Severe threat is over.  No reports of any tornado damage though several meso-vortices & LEWPs in the squall line passed through Montgomery, Clinton, Carroll, Howard counties (as warmer air & dew points near 60 surged in) promoting Tornado Warning issuance.

We did have some wind gusts measured at 50-64 mph, however.

Be aware of areas of flash flooding tonight.

STORM REPORTS FROM TONIGHT:

Many trees & some powerlines down near Mulberry

M64 mph:  Rossville WLFI Tower Site Weather Station

Large limbs down south of tower site weather station

M52 mph:  Crawfordsville

M60 mph:  Frankfort

M45 mph:  Kokomo

M43 mph:  Kokomo Municipal Airport

M38 mph:  Burlington

M37 mph:  Grissom Air Reserve Base

M34 mph:  Pine Village

M33 mph:  Michigantown

9 Responses to “Update”

1. ch n ffort says:

Het chad just got back in. Several trees n powerlines down on mulberry Jefferson rd and 200n. Cleaned up now n power should be restored shortly.

2. Ken - Mulberry says:

Thanks ch n ffort! That’s exactly our neighborhood!

Thank you for keeping us updated all through the night Chad! Measured 1.92 inches of rainfall, where I am in Lafayette.

Thank you Chad and fellow bloggers for all the info during the storm last night. I recorded 2.43″ of rain. Teri, that gives me a head start on our rain fall battle for the spring and summer seasons:)

I ditto giving thanks to Chad…the updates are precious to us who watch and wait! Bud….for you living not far from Teri the rainfall amounts are really far apart!

We got a total of 1.60 rain and thankfully nothing severe.

6. cliff davenport says:

Glad thats over!! Being woke up abluntly @ 1-30AM and trying to go back to sleep bout 3 I feel almost like I went out and painted the town last nite! Ha!

@Mary Anne……The difference’s in rainfall amounts is something that Teri and I kid about. I don’t know for sure where she lives, but I do know it’s within a couple of miles. That’s why I sometimes refer to her as “neighbor”. Sometimes she’ll get a decent amount whereas I’ll get nothing to a little and other times it’s reversed. Not so much difference with snowfall. Glad all you folks up your way always got a nice rain.

There’s nothing like a tornado siren in your ear…to get you out of bed.

@Bud, I think my rainfall amounts are correct, however I am going by my weather station:) I hate to admit this, but I slept through the tornado sirens. My daughter was keeping watch though:)