March 3rd, 2013 at 6:55 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

On going forecast looks good at 1-4″ with 4″ amounts InThe north.  Some rain is possibleTuesday with even some freezing rain.  That freezing rain would be in the north though.  Snow for everyone is likely tuesday night.  Strong gusty winds with gusts to 37 mph are likely with the snow.

31 Responses to “”

1. Coach says:

4 inches of snow with wind would be a nice way to end our snow (or no snow) season!

2. RON says:

How much freezing rain? 1/10″-2/10″ probably.

3. amber says:

You say somthing then accu weather and the weather channel says different I dont know what to look at but I guess whatever comes our way comes this is indiana …u do where talking about

4. Chris in Tipton says:

Winter Storm Watch now in effect…….seems like the last 9 or so runs of the Euro are becoming more and more ON…..some of the other models seem to be coming more into line…..The NAM has shifted a little farther south with the low…as has the RPM….and bringing in a little more moisture. The Euro is even forming a secondary low in Eastern Ohio by Wed AM…..which should help in wrap around snow. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a very nice snowfall…..and even the bullseye of the heaviest snow close to the WLFI viewing area???? (9″+) Most areas meeting WSWarning criteria….of 6″

5. Lisa says:

The counties directly south and west of me have no winter storm watch. Looks like Newton County could end up with the lower end of the snow totals. The “storm door” must shut at the border. Lol.

6. mike in dayton says:

Bring it

7. mike in dayton says:

Still got “rain” mentioned also, I still don’t think they know. We’ll see what chads update is this morning some time

8. Chris in Tipton says:

I am telling you guys…..the Euro model has been very very consistent and is producing the highest totals of the season for all of us. It is up to the meteorologist at hand…..if he/she believes that model…..

9. Jen says:

Chris what are the chance this storm swings a little further west? We live in Fountain Co and like several on here would love a good snow!! Thanks

Uh-0h…I had a feeling I would wake up and read this news! BEAUTIFUL red sunrise this morning.

11. RON says:

Grrr, Crawfordsville/Montgomery county not under the watch!!!

I agree Teri, my first thought was “um-hum…red sky in morning…”

Charlene you may not have seen this in the previous blog post, please do add me as a FB friend. Mary Anne Templin Best

MA in REM heavy frost with a temp of 23* and a SE wind. Another harbinger :-)

13. Maybelater says:

Hey, I stand on record (posting on previous blog) that we would see the biggest snow in March. Of course, I can’t remember where I read such a prediction, maybe the Farmer’s Almanac. :)

Poor Warren & Benton.. Only bridesmaids this season.. Never a bride. Warren is the smallest percent in the viewing area.

15. Tom says:

I have said many times on here since last November that March would be cold and snowy. We might not even see 70 degrees this March. It is not going to be like last March. I bet Crista knew this was coming because I have been telling her this since November. :)

16. Duane C says:

This is another maybe snow-maybe ice-maybe mix of rain. Chad’s totals are not in line with the Euro model. He has said repatedly on here that the Euro has been a better predictor this year. Nearly everywhere I have checked last night and this morning has higher totals for us. Chad must be seeing something in his data differently. Please, I am not asking for a twenty person attack:) 1-4 with 4 to the north doesn’t tell me much. Where is “to the North”? I’m just saying it would be better for many of us if we had a landmark along with “the North”. Madman, Jim, Monster and others will be asking about their specific areas. I know it is difficult to pinpoint, but 1 to 4 with 4 to the North is pretty vague. Chad, I’m sorry in advance. I know you work hard at your job. I’m not writing to offend.

17. RON says:

Duane, Chad will narrow it down soon. He doesn’t like to speculate and join the bandwagon. I’m sure he’s pouring over data as we speak. He wants to be sure. I’m upset Montgomery county isn’t in the watch, grrr!

18. RON says:

The Weather Channel has LAF at 1″-3″ lol

19. Kevin says:

Accu weather is showing high chances of snow. Not sure the totals they are predicting http://vortex.accuweather.com/adc2004/pub/includes/columns/newsstory/2013/590x393_03032005_riskmap.jpg

20. Kevin says:

Just stumbled on this map on TWC
    Think its going to be thin lines of where snow accumulations will end up

21. charlene says:

Mary Anne…I cannot add you…you have it set to where I cannot send request or message…add me…Charlene Bound Luther.. ;) I don’t know what to get out of these maps and forecast ..I know Chad is always right but I think he may be going on the lower side of snow totals..because when he does go higher he gets too many people blasting him for usnot getting any snow at all…what do y’all think?

I’m still waiting on NAM model runs to jump on the 3-6″ totals for as far south as Lafayette. Not that I have any more faith in it there is still model disagreement although all models have trended south after the northerly trend. As Chris pointed out Euro likes the center of the viewing area as a target.

We shall see and of course we’ll all have a better grasp of where the storm might go when Chad is back with an update.

23. Maybelater says:

It looks like are right on the line from getting the heavier snow fall…..of course all this is subject to change.

24. Chris - East Laf. says:

Whats up guys, what do you thing the ratio is gonna be for the snowfall? Hopefully its a dozey. Where do you guys go to see the Euro Maps?

25. Kevin says:

Just put out from Tippecanoe County Sheriffs office

26. Kevin says:

NWS moving WS Warning closer to Indiana. Looks awfully pretty out today….must be the calm before the storm

27. Chris says:

Is this thing gonna start tonight, or tomorrow at some point?

28. Kevin says:

late late tonight

29. Chris says:

Ending Tuesday night then I am assuming? Doesnt look like a big wind event does it? that could be good.

30. Cantore says:

Late tonight with freezing rain and ice and through tomorrow with snow apparently.

31. Chris says:

Is that Jim Canotre? lol :) Jim you got your snow plow ready, how about you madman?