1.0″ Snow Frankfort As of 11:15 p.m.

February 27th, 2013 at 11:40 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Huge thanks to all of you dedicated spotters!  You are a huge help!  I appreciate all of the snowfall reports!

I have received several reports of 1.0″ of new snow in the area from Clinton, Tipton, Jasper & Newton counties.  I measured 0.5″ on the snowboard here at WLFI as of 11:55 p.m.  This snow, after up to 2″ in our far north this morning, but a chunk of it melted today.

It has been snowing at WLFI since 11 a.m. at varying rates of light snow, but it has accumulated this evening.  11:55 p.m. WLFI temperature is 31.5 degrees.

20 Responses to “1.0″ Snow Frankfort As of 11:15 p.m.”

I like Bily’s quote much more:

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

William Shakespeare

Anyway.. It snowed here all day & started accum around 6 PM and as of the morning it appears we have maybe .5 inches. We spent 2 hours in the hot tub pruned up but catching snowflakes on our tongues. First time this season…which is crazy because its one of our favorite snow activities. Light snow this morning at PV

2. TomL says:

Another wannabe snowstorm. I give up. It will never snow again in Benton county… Somebody else posted that their son says the windmills are blowing the snow away, and I think the young man may be on to something!

3. RON says:

What’s your thoughts on the clipper coming down for Monday/Tuesday? The Low is supposed to track by Kentucky. Early model snow projections are for 4″-5″ inches of snow here.

4. Duane C says:

Ron, Accuweather says little to no accumulation. They also have our temps in upper 30s to low 40s to 50′s next week. You are gonna get snow lovers excited again! LOL

5. RON says:

I don’t like Accuweather, they are often wrong. Fox 59/Jim O’ Brien and the NWS have high confidence. We’ll see what Chad says.

Clipper Monday and Tuesday is in early stages se models make it a biggie others small including gfs. Tell you what. True guy who has been on is Chad. We will see.

7. Mike in Dayton says:

Another good ole 3/4 incher!

8. RON says:

Or just a dusting, lol.

Who knows. Maybe we will get a surprise.

10. Anna says:

Sorry snow fans, thankfully it looks like a good winter for those of us who hate winter weather. Woo hoo March! Being on the warmer weather alreay!! :D

I dunno. It was a pretty cold winter.. Snow or not it was definately winter! Looks like the first couple of weeks the temps are going to be purty darn cold at night. Still.. Onto seed starting!

12. Tom says:

I hope everyone is ready for a cold March, because that is what we are going to get around here. It is not going to be like last year. We will be lucky to see 2 or 3 days above 70 the entire month. There is not going to be any 80 degree weather this March. It has been known to snow in April in Indiana, so we are probably not done with the snow just yet. I think this Summer the temps. will be about normal. July probably won’t be that hot this year.

Snow next week

14. ML in Rochester says:

Jim is so right. I buried my husband on April 4th,2007 and it was snowing and sleeting.

Suppoosed to snow next week. ML sorry about your husband didn’t want to bring up bad memories

Stoogies what’s up. Monster Madman Charlene how’s it going. Loops like the snow has stopped. Maybe more next Monday and Tuesday. We will see. Charlene again I’m sorry fir the way rich spoke to you you are a lady and there is no place for that on here. Moe

17. charlene says:

Jim..I am here..hanging on with the flu..ugh…I think our last good hope for some decent sniw is next week. We will see by Sunday night what this next sytem will do. I lived in south Florida half my life..so I am really not a winter lover..just snow ;) … and Jim…THANK YOU ;)

Charlene omg where in south fla spent time In pompano beach

19. charlene says:

Wow..I lived in Pompano Beach and Fort Lauderdale…right off Atlantic Blvd on the southside..10 Ave.

20. charlene says:

My brother and I had a condo down there together …still have a few great friends there. I was manager years ago at Sun Supermarket/Pantry Pride then Wooleys bought us.