Update

February 24th, 2013 at 11:01 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

System looks bit farther south again.  Over 7″ of snow now looks likely in northeast Illinois. Here appears freezing rain sleet and perhaps bit of rain and some snow likely area-wide Monday night. Minor ice and snow accumulations are likely mainly north of I-74.

Precip will go to all snow with time Tuesday.   Periodic snow is likely Tuesday Tuesday night and into Wednesday with scattered snow showers Thursday Friday and saturday.

In terms of snowFall totals by Wednesday night, 1-3″ is likely for a good chunk of the area with 3-5″ in newton jasper Pulaski and Fulton counties.  Windy conditions will be a staple Monday night to Saturday with gusts over 30 mph at Times.

25 Responses to “Update”

Hey all thanks for the update Chad. Well it’s time fir all of us to help out where possible with totals for Chad. This is going to be our longest event or year so all hands on deck. Stoogies your snow dance has worked spring has been stopped. Go Rocky come on in it about time. Moe Jim

Teri welcome to our Stooge world. Charlene Lisa MadMan Monster All Stoogies. Let the fun begin.

3. Chris in Tipton says:

I think we snow hounds STILL need to do the snow dance……as is right now, I am afraid we are going to see ice/sleet…… I know we’d all rather have snow!!!!

4. Lisa in Monticello says:

I hope we get dumped on!

5. Lisa in Monticello says:

I’m dancing…..trust me

6. Val says:

I too much rather have all snow then this sleet/freezing rain. That stuff was horrible even tho it didnt last to long. I’m wondering if this system might yet continue to wobble southward what the impact may be. Chad thanks again for the update. I went out and bought me a new ruler so that I can actually go out and get measurements this round. Don’t know what happened to my other one. But I’m ready this time aroud. Everyone stay safe and warm.

7. Mike says:

keep going south

8. charlene says:

Dancing…dancing…dancing….come on snow lovers and stoogies alike…let’s dance ;) …thanks for the update Chad…hey guys where can I find a snow gauge…or rain gauge? I am so into weather..not just snow but all weather…I am a survivor of not only the “Blizzard of 78″ but “Hurricane Andrew” too..I was living in South Florida and was right smack in the middle of that ..I hate to say this but..it was actually pretty cool to watch…what I did to see it was so stupid but it was amazing! Then moved here and had a tornado go diwn right behind my home ..yes…I am a true ” weather freak” lol…. ;)

Ive been thru hugo, katrina, afghan winters which aee extremely brutal, so i am dancing wuth you weather geeks as i am myself, lolgo,stoogiea go, lol

10. chris in idaville says:

Zombie snowman?

11. Becky from Monticello says:

Let the dancing begin, we are long over due

12. Melissa says:

Guess i need to.get the.shovel out.. Wonder if.i.take.it out if we would vet all rain lol

Don’t Melissa!! You’re our only hope of not jinxing this! ;D

14. chris in idaville says:

Its gonna take a #2 over illinois….

15. Joey says:

My son hypothesized that all the windmills in Benton County push the snowflakes away.

16. charlene says:

My husband just informed me yestetday that he has not used his snow brush all winter this year…what’s that tell us? We are way over due for a good snowfall ;) ..he should now be getting away with this….lol…

17. charlene says:

Should NOT be getting away with this..lol… ;)

18. Monster says:

Chad not sure I understand. You have said every update this thing keeps moving sout but the forcast has yet to change. So im not sure I fallow because all models that I have watched haven’t moved at all.

19. Monster says:

Madmad looks like they are going to pull our wsw. This thing looks to stay well north of us.

I love it Joey!

21. Duane C says:

I just looked at maps. I don’t like whiners, but am going turn into one myself. Western states and Northwest of us will get frozen precipitation. Northeast Indiana is going to get it too. We (Lafayaette Area) will see very little accumulation of anything but rain. I guess if I can’t beat them then I will join them… “Bring on Spring!”

22. A.BELL says:

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!! This Benton Co Family is READY!!! Joey I think your son is correct!!… ;/

23. Anna says:

Cheering for spring here!

Sorry Duane hate to budt the spring talk but chads last update says ice snow. And in chad we trust. Newton County Jasper. 3/5 inches. 1-3 the rest

25. Duane C says:

I know. man. But why 1-3. We never get nailed.