February 19th, 2013 at 4:22 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Snow, sleet & freezing rain will arrive & overspread viewing area Thursday evening-night, then transition to all freezing rain, before tapering to patchy rain/drizzle Friday morning.

It looks breezy to windy from the southeast then south during the system.

Major snowfall accumulations of up to 16″ are likely in Kansas & Nebraska.

16 Responses to “Timing of Wintry Precipitation Thursday & Tracking Freezing Line Thursday Night-Friday Morning”

Is raw out there,I just got home there are some slick spots on side roads and in parking lots. Wonder what it is like in the country? Be safe all!

That’s awesome Chad.

Thank you Chad!

4. bridget says:

Sometimes the forecasts bother me a lot… from one forecast saying freezing rain etc… to one calling for up to 6″ of snow…. the broad difference is frustrating!!! and makes it hard to make plans….

Chad what do think about a watch for this?

6. charlene says:

Given the timing of this icy event..I hope the schools either close Friday or have a two hour delay…if the roads are going to turn icy in the early morning hours. Not that much snow with this…hoping our totals come up higher.

Charlene you are right it’s going to be close for the schools wouldn’t be surprised to see delays or cancels myself.

8. Anna says:

I think the schools seem skittish to call for a delay or cancellation very much more than a few hours ahead of time, given that they have closed in the past when the weather systems failed to develop as predicted. I hope that as the chances of ice become more definite, they take that into consideration.

9. Val says:

Chad, what are the chances of power outages on this storm especially for the ones that are more in the area of the sleet and freezing rain? I will be so glad when this wind finally lays a bit.

Wind still howling here…temperature is 21.7 degrees.

11. Cantore says:

Fox 59 is saying newer models are coming out cooler and more snow than previous models.

12. charlene says:

Well I am a skittish parent..and won’t send my kiddos if I know the weather is going to be bad before school lets out. I remember one year watching the weather and we had some pretty nasty storms cells heading our way…I went and got my kids out of school early…but the sillly girls told the school why they left early and needless to say the school was not happy with me…but…the schools did not release until after 4:30 that day because they did not want to put the students out in bad weather conditions..my were glad i came and got them…what a shame they snitched on me…lol… ;)

13. charlene says:

Thanks Cantore ;)

14. Joey says:

Weatherbug is now saying “several inches of accumulation possible” in Benton for Thursday Night/Friday morning. I haven’t seen a phrase like that for snow/ice totals anywhere else, have any of you? That makes it sound like more than the 1-3 they’ve talked about.

15. Plower says:

Ill throw my guess in at 3-4″

Charlene.. I hear you! I grew in a teaching family. My father was a teacher for 35 years & my mom ran the high school attendance office.. I have a degree in Ed. I decide when my kids go to school not the school. Fortunately Pine Village is very open to that..