Strong winds and snow showers

February 19th, 2013 at 10:36 am by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Winds have gusted to 45 mph recently as snow showers pass throught with very minor accumulations.   Flurries and snow showers willgradually taper Today with ith frigid lows tonight near 7 and wind chills near -7.

11 Responses to “Strong winds and snow showers”

1. Duane C says:

Thursday-Friday looks to be interesting. We have lots of systems shift at the last minute on us this year. Maybe this one will to. Snow lovers and haters can hope for whatever shift they want. I would personally prefer to stay away from the ice and freezing rain. It doesn’t look like I am going to get my wish though.

Sporadic snow showers here; gusty winds, current temp is 24.3 degrees.

Ice thur fri

4. Duane C says:

Jim you said snow ice earlier…Have you cahnged your thoughts to ice only?

The snow ice line is shifting north. If Lafayette more snow. South of Lafayette ice. Chad is updating but I haven’t seen anything from him changing his thoughts on this.

I like to know fri am what the commute will be like. I have ice snow at 4am. Nothing at 9am. There is going to be ice on surface. V

7. Sandy Ryan says:

I have to drive to Carmel Thursday morning early and then home. I will hit both rush hours. Am I gonna hit ice or snow??

NWS Benton Newton County. Has changed it reads snow 100 percent several inches possible.

9. Duane C says:

Jim, you have had a good track record this winter. I see what Chad is prdicting for Laffy. How much snow do you think we will get?

Duane Lafayette snow. 1-2. Some sleet and ice also. Chad is right on. On his totals. I think more snow north of Lafayette. Maybe 3 and ice. Looks like fri 9AM it’s gone. However fri am commute trouble.

White county gettin 6 to 8 about time, haha snowhaters, lol