February 18th, 2013 at 2:12 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

It has been a dry, dry February:

High today at WLFI reached 54.6 degrees, 50 degrees up from 5.4 Sunday morning after a dusting of snow Saturday evening.  Also, wind gusts have been measured as high as 42 mph at Pine Village & Fowler today.

Strong cold front is approaching from the west with showers & some t’storms breaking out in Illinois, Missouri, down to Arkansas.  Though severe threat will remain well south of here later today-this evening, I cannot rule out an isolated t’showers embedded in periodic rain that passes through our viewing area.

Also wind gusts of up to 38 mph are likely today & up to 45 mph tonight in our viewing area with a sharp temperature drop & the potential of some flurries/snow showers late tonight-tomorrow morning.

If there is any accumulation, it would be very minor at 0.5″ or less in places.

27 Responses to “Wild Ride: From 44 Thursday to 5 Sunday Morning to 55 Today & 22 Tonight (No Wonder There Are So Many Potholes!)”

Currently 57.7 here…gusty winds too.

Seems that the weather watchers and bloggers are getting a bit “cranky” with each other, Come on now this is a friendly blog, be nice, we never know what another may be going though.

Chad I hope you don’t mind me posting this song:)

Whoops major typos..sorry!

Chad do you have Any time line on thur fri storm. Like start and end time.

Yes, I know this is not twitter or fb however, I Hope you all enjoy the music( I know it is old) and take the lyrics to heart. In hope that we can all respect each others opinions. Peace!

Jim, do you not read Chad’s post or do you just log on and comment? Chad posted the following yesterday.

(If all holds, worst of conditions would tend to be Thursday afternoon through evening to early Friday morning around 4-5 am across the viewing area. After that warmer air and rain would improve roads.)

Sorry to be cranky Teri, but I am old and some times the comments bring the worse out in me.

Bud

Bud I respect others comments. I was referring to the charts he puts up showing time frames. Vs one of us make travel plans. Thx Bud your not cranky you spoke you peace that’s what this blog is about. Moe. Ps Josh is that nice to talk about a American vet like mad man that’s bad ! I see why done prople are getting upset. Lets blog about weather not others. Thx.

Fo shizzle we gots drizzle, lol

Did I just hear thunder?

I understand Bud..that is way I decided to post music:)I have been biting at my fingers not to post, I didn’t want to be bashed on here , I bet I will be though, has happened before!

Light rain and is 49.7* where I am in Lafayette:)

Oh yeah ill say what i want on here, you got a problem with it to bad, suck it up and drive on!!!!, SEMPER FI.

12. Lisa says:

Please. Being a vet doesn’t give one the right to be rude.

13. Josh says:

Jim, did I say something about madman or am I reading that wrong? I’m a vet to and appreciate all armed forces members.

14. Rich says:

Bud dont apologize for your age.Chad could write two pages on the weather forecast and in less than 5 minutes someone is asking him what he thinks.It does get old.Sometimes you dont need a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

15. Lisa says:

I am going to continue to read Chad’s blog but I am officially considering myself unblogged. I come to this page and see a few “grown ups” behaving the way I admonish my students for behaving. Even when posters bring the inappropriateness to light it is ignored, pooh-poohed, and responded to with more lack of manners. I see fewer and fewer posters on the site and I am sure I know why. I am now a former poster. Sad that a few drive away far too many. It is okay to have fun….but many things that are posted continue to get in “digs” to other posters who have shared their discomfort with some things that are written. Maybe it is time that Chad begin to moderate this site but that shouldn’t have to be necessary. Time to get my weather reports elsewhere other than what Chad writes. I am disappointed to say the least.

Big read cell down in Fountain? (atleast on my accuw radar app) Looks headed toward y’all in Laf

Red.. Read

My gorgeous sweet white German shepherd is my weatherwoman right now.. Whining & pacing and watching out the window to the south.

Is that hail?

No sorry.. False alarm.

21. shawn says:

the weather ch is sayin 3-6 in wesday-friday

Bud…you and me, buddy…we are the oldsters on here, I think. I am 70 and dang proud of it. I have not read the posts on the previous post but I did tell Joseph to crawl back under his rock. Teri, you are more restrained than me! It ticks me off when I see someone bashing the regular bloggers on here. Obviously he, they, do not follow Chad on a regular basis and do not appreciate his worth to us.

And here I am ranting again….sorry..and I thought I just heard thunder! nah…must have been a truck, lol. Just checked my WeatherTap radar and it is showing a fzr rain line just crossing the MI River on the western edge of IL.

Jim how much rain do you have? I have .03 inch

Uh-oh…I should have gone back and read ALL the posts! Lisa I am part of the reason you are leaving and for that I apologize!! I have been on here for a lonngg time, going back to Mike Prangleys’ blog, so has Teri. We are like family on here.

I love weather! Plain and simple…I LOVE weather. We are from many parts of the WLFI viewing area and I for one appreciate seeing what others read, see, and report to the rest of us. Chad is MY, and OUR, main Met, always will be or I would not be on here at all.

Please accept my apology and do not leave. Thanks :-)

MA .04 rain.

Rich this is a weather blog not a soap opera. Listen to you guys we are supposed to be helping one anther by giving rather info to others and getting info from chad. Bud I respect your age however it seems chad knew what I was looking for and he provided it. Thanks chad. Lets all go Ste best to clean this up before it is no more. Moe

26. Lisa says:

MA…it is not you.

Amen Jim, and Lisa–thanks but I do get on a bit of a rant sometimes :-)

Ma in REM with .13 inch rain and wind still from the SE