Update

February 16th, 2013 at 10:15 am by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Everything looks good with forecast per new data this morning.  Snow and sleet to freezing rain to rain and only brief bit of snow at the end with Thursday through Friday storm.  Looks like windy conditions will accompany storm.  Minor snow and decent ice accumulation are possible before changeover to rain as temps rise from 26 to 36 back to 28 during storm.   New updates will continue.

27 Responses to “Update”

Thank you for the update Chad! Is pretty out this morning, sun is shining and there are tiny, sparkling, snow flakes falling, looks like glitter floating in the air:)

How much snow before ice Chad?

Jim probably half inch given the trend.

The models are looking ominous, and this is still several days out! Ice…eekk!

5. Tony Jaeger says:

Minor snow and decent accumulation are possible …………What does that mean?

Just looking at four different models and as of now they are consistent. Center of storm passing to our northwest keeping us south of the 540 line and more in the warmer air when the heaviest precipitation passes through. Looks like a little of everything with this one. Will see if this trend holds and Chad agrees with his next update.

Bud

Nice to see you on here Bud:)And I agree with what you posted! I am concerned about freezing rain though.

Skilling has the line dipping south a little more saying s
    Snow ice line now Lafayette. Lafayette north snow longer. Up to 4-5 inch then ice Chad I’m sure chad will see this.

9. Chad Evans says:

I have had questions about amounts of snow and ice. This is nearly a week out so it is way too early to talk exact amounts given so many precip types. Should be able to firm up some numbers with time.

10. Chad Evans says:

I say this because we are so close to the edge of ice snow and rain and a mix of all. Any shift in this storm and the amounts of everything will be vastly different. To try to pinpoint that to a t right now is a set up for flip flopping

Hi Teri……Always nice to hear a shout out from my “neighbor”.

Thanks Chad. Will be watching the referenced track with you and following, as always, your updates.

Bud

Totally agree Chad you can count on us to help with totals. Thx. Moe

Stoogies NWC moving this south. Calling for snow thurs pm Thursday nite heavy and fri. This is the NWC for newton county. I’m sure chad will update us. The rain snow line moving south. Just like chad said its out a while. And it keeps moving back and forth. So we shall see. No spring yet.

Hey rb that’s a update not joke.

15. rb says:

Jim/Moe..I would appreciate if you would stop mentioning me in your posts. I don’t mention you in mine. I find it to be antagonizing on your part! I come to this blog for information, I stated my opinion along with others now please leave it be!

16. rb says:

Thank you!

Ok rb no problem please refrain from telling ny brother bloggers that we are jokesters I find that quite annoying. Thanks

And as all can see we are not joking we are banding together to face this storm together. Madman maybe you should let everyone know the real meaning of FTP means. I’m sure some might think that’s a joke.

Now that being said I’m here to have fun joke and be serious. I love the weather so for all it’s worth I will continue to do that. As for anyone wanting to blog and read this for weather info continue to do so. It’s a great blog. Now also I would at this time apologize to rb if I offended him . Hopefully any info I can provide will help him and others as so needed.

20. Tyler says:

Ok thanks, chad!

21. jm in dayton says:

Seems this year that everything has moved south. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a mess. All snow no ice! Lol

11* In Lafayette. Brrr!

8.8* I’ll second that Brrr. At least it looks like it might be a sunny day.

Hey Jim…did u get set up with CoCoRaHS yet? So happy you are on here and love weather! Listen…I always knew Chad was a “young Tom Skilling”…even Skilling is pulling back on the weekend forecast! This morning’s blog says sleet and snow for Chicago and NW IN…to me that means Lake County. Chad is on the mark..once again!!

9* here in beautiful downtown Remington this morning.

Mary Ann Skilling is there He needs to learn from Chad on some things. Yes The NWC is coming next Tuesday night thx. It looks like maybe a ice situation Also for us. More ice than snow. That’s worse. Waiting for Chad on update. Take care Mary Ann

26. charlene says:

The stores were all real busy yesterday..you would think they are preparing for an ice storm or something. I hope we don’t get too much icing on this upcoming weekend. It looks absolutely beautiful outside today..my poor little doggy thought it was spring with that sun shining ..needless tk say he went out and came right back in. Thanks Chad and all of you for keeping this stooge up to date on the weather. ;)

This is a ice storm.