Outlook Now-February 25 Based On the Latest Data

February 14th, 2013 at 10:23 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Scattered snow showers & flurries will periodically move through the area tonight-Saturday.  1″ or less of accumulation will occur in some places.  Gusty winds of up to 29 mph will accompany the snow showers & colder air surging in.

Sunday looks snow-free, but clouds will be on the increase with skies becoming overcast by evening-night with temperatures leveling off near 29, then rising to near 33 by early morning.  Some sleet is possible early, followed by a changeover to rainfall.  The rain may end as a period of wet snow Tuesday morning as colder air rushes in.  If there is any accumulation, it looks very minor.  Temperatures may fall from 44 Monday at midnight to 33 by mid-morning & 29 by afternoon with brisk winds.  System will likely have another round of severe weather & some flooding in the southern U.S.

Wednesday & Thursday look calmer, dry & cold with sun & highs in the 20s.

Early to mid-next week, a significant storm will impact California with heavy rainfall & mountain snow with heavy snowfall overspreading the West.  I think this will be a significant storm for the eastern U.S. later next week.

Early indications show parameters conducive to a severe weather outbreak with tornadoes (if current situation does occur, some could be violent & long-lived) in the southern U.S. with a major winter storm accompanying it.  Where the substantial to significant snowfall & icing occur is in question.  Trends points towards heavy, wind-driven snow (perhaps blizzard conditions) in Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan & perhaps northwestern Illinois.  Here, looks like snow, changing to sleet to freezing rain, then to rain before ending with a few flurries & a lot of wind accompanying the storm.  We will watch this one.  Changes in track will change this outlook.

17 Responses to “Outlook Now-February 25 Based On the Latest Data”

1. Randy says:

(Yawn here)…the usual nothing for us!
    It gets old

2. Cantore says:

I’m blaming all this on the wind turbines. Oh well, I pretty much figured we wouldn’t get anymore snow the rest of this season.

FTP!!!!!!!

This is ours so who ever did a snow dance nice job. Charlene I know it’s you awesome. Hey Stoogies here it comes. MadMan what’s up. In Kentucky it’s just cold. Coming back today. Lets all do the Curly shuffle and get the snow in here. Now all those who want weather info we will give our updates to Chad. As for those who don’t like jokes well this might be a bad week to read this blog. Just a warning we don’t want to ruffle any feathers. And you all know who we mean.

5. Josh says:

Latest 00z model shows a little farther south for late next week

CHAD,….ignore this post–it is meant for these snow lovers LOL…this is Tom Skilling’s outlook for next weekend and keep in mind, only models forecast:

MA in REM watching very light snow coming down with a temp of 31*

Okay Chad this one is for you. I just read the article and watched the video of the meteor that exploded over Russia. My question is what caused the injuries to 500 ppl? Yes glass windows exploded and a roof collapsed on a factory but the cause of injuries is not mentioned. Thanks!

8. Duane C says:

Once again the models are all over the place. I am going to do what my grandpaapy used to to tell me….”Don’t listen to the weather man (no offence Chad)…Just wake up and look outside. What you see is what you get!” Unfortunately, we haven’t had much more than some wind and rain this winter. Maybe this one will shift for us and give us some SNOW!!!

9. Maybelater says:

I think I read somewhere awhile back that our big snow will occur in March. After February passes, I’m ready for Spring!

10. Duane C says:

I think Bill has been saying that we will see snows in March for months now…I’m a believer in following past history. He just might be right!

Chad…just saw some surveillance cameras from Russia and now I have the answers to my question. Wow….that is something else!

we have some big pretty flakes comin down

Mary Ann skilling says snow yes. Nws also saying snow. Snow it’s not spring yet. Stoogies rise up the curly shuffle is in order.

14. TomL says:

This might be the heaviest snow we’ve had so far this so-called “winter”. I’d forgotten how beautiful snow is! I LOVE IT! Too bad it’s not going to amount to anything so I can go play.

15. Melissa says:

Since it is snowing can i stop the snow dance… This is more than flurries no?

16. mike in dayton says:

Hardest its snowed all winter right now, shame it’ll be over in a few minutes

Melissa keep going