Snow Info

February 12th, 2013 at 10:27 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Any snow looks to still stay south of here tonight-tomorrow morning.  Few inches will accumulate in Missouri & Arkansas to parts of Kentucky with very minor accumulations in southern Indiana.

Snowfall accumulations will really pick up in eastern Kentucky to West Virginia, then to New Jersey & perhaps New York.

We will pick up clouds from the system, but not the snow.

With a thin veil of cirrostratus, it is 26 as of 10:38 p.m.  Clouds will thicken over the next few hours to solid altostratus overcast, but before that happens & our temperatures level off, we may drop to 23 or 24.  So, will lower low temperature from around 26 to 23.

System late Friday to Friday night & Saturday may bring some snow showers here.  Thinking there may be up to 1″ in places.  Below is the NAM model projection of snowfall.

27 Responses to “Snow Info”

1. Chris in Tipton says:

Euro—–next Friday……. :) :):)

2. Oh no, not snow again!

3. charlene says:

Hope so Chris…I am going to have to take down all of the beautiful snowflakes hanging in my picture window soon….lol

4. Josh says:

What is the euro saying?

HI Chad and all….I usually go back and read the comments I have missed and noticed that nobody made a comment on the post about tornadoes in the city of Laffy! I read every bit of that info and want to thank you for all the research you put into articles like that! While I am scared to death of severe storms I read everything I can on them, have since I learned to read, lol….I so appreciate your dedication into informing us of the how and why of severe wx!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!

6. Maybelater says:

I myself would like to see one bad “ass” snow storm before we hit spring. This said, if it doesn’t happen, I have no problem with moving onto Spring.

FTP!!!!!

8. Maybelater says:

Obama’s State of the Union address referenced climate change by stating … “We can choose to believe that Superstorm Sandy, and the most severe drought in decades, and the worst wildfires some states have ever seen were all just a freak coincidence. Or we can choose to believe in the overwhelming judgment of science – and act before it’s too late.” I’m thinking he’s right on for finding a solution to help combat climate change. I’d like to see congress act on this.

9. Neal says:

There is no consensus in science for global warming or climate change, let alone an overwhelming judgment of science.

Hey all no spring until we get a huge snow. And the Stoogies will be happy. Hey Maybelater I agree. But snow first. And let the joking continue!

I agree with Neal. I do not believe in global warming. If you look back over weather records, like Chad does, you can see the ups and downs, the droughts and floods, it is ageless.

MA in REM…just got back from a glorious walk out there!! Wow is is nice. 39* already.

12. James says:

Very true, there is no consensus on global warming or the cause(s) and/or effect(s). It is true that the earth has warmed up but only by about 1.5 degrees or something over the past 100 or so years. (I don’t have the details in front of me.) Some attribute that to the sun and the earth moving into proximity of different sun spots. There is evidence of climate change that has been affected by sun spots. For some reason the media is wanting to make out global warming to be completely caused by humans (not true) and the next apocalyptic event we need to be scared of (not true either). Humans do not affect climate as much as we think. I appreciate all that science is and does but you must be careful many times about what is called science. Evidence will be presented to support whichever ‘theory’ produces the most money.

Global warming is not caused by Humans.

FYI this is weather talk certain people claim we are total jokesters.

15. charlene says:

Global warming and Al Gore are both jokes ;) …. just saying!!!

No this weather is a joke!!

17. Neal says:

Maybe there is a lot of global warning coming out of Washington DC when the politicians open their mouths!

18. Maybelater says:

I too am no global warming or climate expert but this said, there’s no denying that polution is bad for our environment and contributes to the “whatever” problematic stage we might categorize our environment to be. If you saw the news piece on WTHR on why Indiana is the 6th worst state for air quality well it was very informative. I look out at the Purdue powerplant every day and see the black smoke rolling out into a haze. It isn’t good for us people and if Obama wants to do something about it…I’m ok with that. :)

Wow Chris says next fri snow now fellow Stoogies this we all no is a joke. That’s right a joke we aren’t allowed to joke on this blog per some. That’s a joke. Now I say fellow Stoogies because rb claims he comes on here and he sees now Larry and Curley only do no we are all one. One that is waiting for a snow. So politics aside our weather is a joke.

Chris Madman. Euro and accu weather are both saying snow on the 22nd. Chad will look long range I’m sure.

21. James says:

I am all for taking care of our environment and trying to keep it clean for coming generations. I think recycling makes good sense and clean energy is a great thing. I just don’t go for all the hype that many of the more extreme climate change adherents try to push. I have lived in Fountain Cty. most of my life and the weather has even changed here over the years – especially the amt. of snow we used to get compared to the past few winters!! I don’t think the end of the world is coming, not yet anyway, but I do think the weather/climate is cyclical.
    Jim – I don’t believe you about snow. Today I saw a robin, two blue-jays and heard a cardinal singing. I would love to see some snow but the closer we get to spring the more ready I am for it.

James understand however I believe that we still have some snow left. Keep the food out for the robins.

23. JEM says:

Pollution is one thing – climate change another. As Chad has noted many times – this area has been significantly hotter and drier and cooler and wetter over the last 8000 years. Attributing things to global warming – such as a possible asteroid collision noted by one of our talking TV heads recently – should make us all stop and realize we are here but for an instant from a geological perspective and nothing happening today hasn’t already happened before in a greater extreme. President Obama isn’t talking about air pollution. WE would be careful to remember the difference.

Now on to hoping for some serious snow next week before our annual March ice storm comes.

Mary Anne, I commented about the tornadoes in Lafayette, didn’t go through, I must have hit the wrong key:( I agree, Wonderful post Chad and very interesting, I read it all!. Is a beautiful day today, I got my Valentine’s Day shopping finished:) Jim I have seen Robins all winter, big fat ones! They love our berry trees. I am ready for spring too:)

25. charlene says:

My comments about our tornados wouldn’t go through either…i talked about the Memorial weekend in 2004 that went down right behind my home and took out two homes in Haggerty Hills.

26. Chris in Tipton says:

Certainly is early……but I like the pelim. signs that the ECMWF is showing…..reminds me of potentially 1984….. a VERY WARM Valentine’s Day…..followed by heavy snow the last week of the month…..(27th I believe)

NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN…..just an interesting comparison.

27. Maybelater says:

JEM, go back and read the transcript of the State of the union Address. Obama states that air polution is a contributing factor to the environment problems including climate. Air Polution, litter, chemicals used…it all plays a part.