Snow Information

February 11th, 2013 at 4:53 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Storm system will pass south & southeast of us Wednesday-Thursday with up to 10″ snow Oklahoma & 4″ Missouri & 1-2″ of brief wet snow Kentucky, far southern Indiana.  Storm may strengthen & dump up to 12″ snow in parts of the Alleghanies & Northeast.  Storms will move from Four Corners to Oklahoma & Texas to Tennessee & northeastward.

Second system will drop south out of Alberta (clipper), then re-organize in eastern Colorado & move east & northeast.  This may bring some snow Friday-Saturday with 1″, maybe 2″ as Arctic air roars in.

This storm may blow up into a Nor’Easter with heavy snow in the Northeast by the weekend.

41 Responses to “Snow Information”

1. Sandy says:

I wish we would get just one GOOD snow this year instead of it all missing us!

2. Joey says:

I feel exactly the same way. After last year’s dismal snow amounts I was sure this winter would be a good one. Nope. I don’t see it happening now, unless we get a surprise in March.

Man that some straight up BS rite thar……

Who cares about the NE dump us here all we get are duds

Mad man Internet down. Using phone

6. ch n ffort says:

Well i think it is officially time to give up on the snow peeps. Kinda like the Cubs “there’s always next year”..lol..guess i’ll have to hope on some good ol spring storms to knock some trees down for some o.t. cuz the snow has let us all down again this year!!! Grrrr..

7. Joey says:

I think you’re right. It is hard to admit defeat though. I feel bad for Chad too. I’ll bet he would’ve liked to have at least one local biggie to cover…instead of having to talk about snow elsewhere so often.

We agree

9. Rb says:

I feel for those who live in the Northeast, many are still trying to rebuild from brutal storms that hit this year and last.
    So many are hoping they will get back their homes that they lost with Sandy! Just to have a place to stay warm. they have lost a lot. I don’t wish any harsh weather on anyone! I care about the NE Madman. Life is fragile and precious.

10. Rb says:

Sorry madman that was JIm who posted “who cares about the NE”

Lets re phrase I care about the. NE I was. Born in
    Phila. I don’t care a out a snow storm in the NE we are looking for snow here. It was not meant to bash people in the NE so RB lets get it going here not there

12. Rb says:

I know you are the “stoogies” and stick together. but there are people who are almost shut in’s. They don’t have help digging them out from a big “dump” or any one to help them take at all. some of those people are old and some are sick with things like alzheimer’s and cancer. NO I am not having a bad day, i bet you would post. but people I care about are!

13. charlene says:

Think I will go visit my family in Northeast Ohio..maybe I will get to see some real snow…on a goid note..maybe we will have a good snow come spring time ;)

….

14. Rb says:

I am talking about “here and there”!

Listen rb Stoogies stick together however I see your point you are fight in your refers ce however we are discussing our weather here’ lack of snow here not the dump the NE got.

Do to the fellow Stoogies we need snow here the NE got a dump do now it’s our turn. Lets get it. And to all my brothers in the me hope you get threw this.

Charlene we will get ours

Ok.. My plan is to be complete unprepared. I’m using up the last of the firewood & not going to cut anymore since there’s no snow… Maybe that’ll do it.. Getting caught unprepared.. See.. I’m superstitious!

19. Rb says:

Really Jim? is that why Chad gives us a lot of information on his blog about major storms that are not in Indiana?? It is all about weather over the US And the storm that hit the North East. could be record breaking in weather history! Yes all you “stoogies” care about is if Indana gets dumped on. Do you know the weather in other parts of the country could effect Indiana weather? Ever hear of the Artic express or the pineapple express? they get to Indina as too!

20. Rb says:

And Jim, when ever you comment, you almost always say “Hey Larry Curley and Shemp” and the other way around with them. I miss the people who used to post on here who actually reported weather and cared about others.

We all care about others so if you are offended except my apology now in regards to the Stoogies we are about fun if you don’t like it I’m sorry.

Since some people think
    I single out the Stoogies only to everyone s ow looks good sat-sun area. Don’t think it is a big one but its something.

23. Rb says:

Weather can be fun Jim, but you get carried away. I believe Chad’s main reason for this blog, is to give us information to keep all to update, and for us to be prepared to stay safe as possible.. he does a wonderful job! Keep in mind “Moe” this is Chad’s weather blog, not yours. Not mine, but I don’t ask Chad every other minute to bring us snow or where is the update.. now I am done posting. maybe you will get what others and I am trying to say this is about weather , and it is not always fun. The constant joking is not so funny to others. Try to post something intelligent and show compassion for others! When I check this blog for Indiana weather it is almost always you and the other 3 posting.. no longer the sincere weather watchers.

Okay rb this is it Chad does one heck of a job. Now as I see it if you can’t have fun and have to be serious all of the time then pity you. I will continue to post weather events to help the people the best I can. I will give my oberservations. I also stand by chad the way he stands up and speaks his mind. Now you speak of the other 3. Well there are more than 3 who comment here. I’m sorry you don’t like our fun. Look Back when the weather is here we are here helping one other with observations. So guess what we observe and have fun together. And if you don’t like it. Well don’t blog.

25. Melissa says:

Sorry guys i have been doing a snow dance….. I do
    Feel that east coast needs a break

26. Rb says:

No I will blog! I have been on here for over 7 years! just didnt post to much, and I come here because of Chad and my family, but some of you ruin by not so funny jokes! ! really???

27. ch n ffort says:

Well melissa keep up the dance it mite be our only hope??LOL

Continue the snow dance sooner or later it will do something.

When laughter is ended we are all in trouble.

30. charlene says:

I come on here in concern of others..and when seriosness is needed then we will be serious…until then …a toast to my fellow “STOOGIES” ;)

31. Melissa says:

Agreed charlene… I come here to read the blogg and the comments make me laugh.. I love the comments..keep up the great work stooges and dont stop blogging cause someone says u r out of hand i personally love reading your comments

Charlene Melissa thanks

33. charlene says:

Melissa…thank you ;)

34. Duane C says:

The weathe evolves and changes all of the time. Apparently, this blog has changed a bit too. So be it. Rb and any others that don’t like the stooge like comments, don’t read them. As you have said, you know who they are…just don’t read their posts. I for one get a kick out of them. They harm noone and as I have said before, they post on the weather too. Cmon Man is it really harmful for people to have a little fun.

35. Rich says:

Watched the three stoogies all the time as a kid growing up.They were funny.You guys not so much…Some of you on here could be the poster child for whats wrong with the world.The dumbing down of America

Duane thanks. Rich you deserve your opion. Opion noted thx.

Duane it’s bad to laugh on this blog. Lol

38. Duane C says:

You know, Jim I have many hours above a Masters. I may not be the smartest person in the world, but I know funny when I see it and hear it. Why people have to use terminology like “dumbing down” because people want to have a little fun is beyond me. In all honesty, we should just ignore Rb, Rich, and the other haters comments. They obviously don’t get that we all have the right to post what we want within reason. I just don’t understand all of the negative vibes that the haters continue to put out. If they don’t want to read some lighthearted comments, then they should not read them. It takes a minute to read everything on here. It is not going to cause the world to come to an end if we laugh, joke, sing, and perform snow chants and dances. It isn’t going to change the weather either…then again maybe it will if we believe the big one is coming!!!!

39. Rich says:

so miss spelling words,poor sentence structure,bad grammar is funny?

40. Duane C says:

It is a blog, not a spelling or grammar class. There is no evaluation. If a grade was given for participation….A’s all the way araound. That includes you too, Rich. We all don’t have to agree on content. I don’t see why we spend so much time on this matter every week. I am as guilty as the rest. I keep feeding into it. I have never met MadMan, Jim, Charlene, or Monster. I don’t care if they can read, write, or do arithmetic. They post weather from their areas when we have any weather to report. Inbetween weather events, they have some fun. I hope they keep on keepin on!