New Developments As New Data Arrives

February 3rd, 2013 at 10:18 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Looks like snowfall is accelerating & shifting a bit more southwest.  That said, will bring snow showers in for Monday, end them Monday evening & expand the 1″ to as much as 2″ snowfall zone.  Some snow may arrive in northwest counties by early Monday morning.

Like 1″ to up to 2″ Morocco to Monticello to Burlington to Kokomo & northward with less than 1″ southwest of that area.  In that “less than 1″ area, I think there will be a few locations that see either hardly anything or nothing at all, though.

In a band northwest of Fort Wayne to South Bend to Chicago to Madison looks to get a 4-6″ snow with isolated +6″ amounts.

20 Responses to “New Developments As New Data Arrives”

1. charlene says:

it’s getting here..a little further south now ;)

2. Duane C says:

This is a repost. It is probably bothersome to the more serious bloggers. I really don’t see the harm in the stooges having some fun. If you read between
    the funniness…they almost always post weather related issues. All you haters out there need to lighten up. We are all not scholars (grammar, etc) and we are all not serious 24/7. Just chill out ( weather related comment)… We are all not wanting to be meteorologist. Some of us just want up to date weather information inbetween newscasts. I for one like to know what the weather is doing all around the area. Whether you want to admit or not, the stooges provide that information.

3. James says:

Duane and Jim and others,
    There is no fun allowed when discussing weather related issues. Didn’t you read the agreement before posting on this blog…Section VIII Paragraph II Line XVI: “Posters to blog shall not have any fun while discussing weather related issues.” See, it’s right there black and white, no fun. Oh, btw it’s not snowing in west central Fountain Cty. but it almost never snows here; we have some sort of invisible weather bubble.

4. James says:

**East central Fountain Cty.
    And don’t laugh about me forgetting where I am at – no fun.

and I will repost my reply to Duane on the previous blog post…”Well said, Duane C !!!” These ppl are not trolls, they are good “guys–and Charlene” LOL (oops..having too much fun there!). Anyway, there are some nasty trolls during severe wx so stick around and you will see. Those are the ones you want to tell “take a hike” :-)

6. Val says:

James,
    I too am in Fountain County underneath that same bubble as you are. I have many times watched a really good storm heading our way and just as soon as it hits the county line it splits then mends itself right back together at the tippecanoe/montgomery county line. We need to burst this bubble somehow.
    And, according to the weather map its showing I should be seeing/having some mix precipation but not one flake or drop is falling. Darn our luck anyway, I hope that all of you up north stay safe with all your snow.

Well I guess I’ll put my two cents worth in and then get out of here. I do believe everyone has a right to post their comments as long as the comments are not offensive and are respectful of others. That has not always been the case in my opinion.

I respect Mary Anne tremendously, were close the same age lol, but we may disagree on this. I do think that this comment page has changed and not for the better. (Just my opinion) I do see it more now as a chat room and not worth checking for good weather comments between weather lovers. But maybe

sorry i hit the wrong button.

But maybe it’s just me.

I think the sad think is though that a lot of folks no longer post comments.

Regardless of how it goes, enjoy your blog, stay healthy and have fun. This is just no longer for me.

Bud

9. Duane C says:

I guess maybe we should all agree to disagree on this. I would much rather have lots of people sharing from lots of different locations rather than few people sharing from fewer locations. I don’t think that attempting to run people off is the right way to go. Tolerance is something that many lack these days. I can tolearate the silliness as long as weather is the main topic of discussion. If weather becomes secondary to the silliness that is a different animal. I just think the two can coesxist. I will try not to post on the matter any more. I think you all know where i stand. I have not seen the first snowflake in Lafayette this morning. It looks like Chad was right with this one.

10. Maybelater says:

I say for speed ahead for Spring weather.

11. James says:

Val,
    I know exactly what you are talking about. The systems do split at the county line and then come back together in the counties east of us. It seems like it has happened for several years now. I don’t know. I hardly ever post on here so I wasn’t trying to offend anyone. Forgive me if I did because I didn’t intend to. I just enjoy reading Chad’s info because he does such a good job.
    Take care.

“Nothing at all” is the story here.

13. Val says:

No one has offended me with any of their posts. I love coming here and reading all that has been said. No matter who is posting on here gives me insight of what is happening all around as we have family/friends north, south, east, and west of us so this blog helps me to know how my family/friends are effected by any type of weather. I don’t post much mainly just read. And as for Chad, I truly appreciate all his dedicated hard work on keeping us informed on what is going on and what the future days holds for us. James, maybe one day that bubble will burst. I’m beginning to look forward to spring can’t wait to see if there has been enough moisture and cold temps to bring on those might moral mushrooms this spring. Hope everyone has a good day!

14. Ryan H says:

Wow, I feel like this room is a confessional box….. Anyway, it seems as though the dry air has eaten away at the snow again. Tough winter this year. Bring on spring and severe weather.

15. Chris in Tipton says:

Not seen the first snowflake here

16. charlene says:

I started following the WLFI Blog back when Mike was with us…I do not pretend to be any sort of weather expert and never would..however after the tornado went down behind my home near Haggery and Dayton area I started following this blog. Why? Because it is not only the experts that should be blogging it is the people in the communities as well..we are ALL the eyes in the sky when it comes to severe weather. These people have all beckme close to me even though I have never met any of them.I will continue to blog..about weather or just a simple hello to let others and Chad know that I appreciate their blogging…so kuddos to ALL of you bloggers for keeping me posted the past several years. And thank you Chad for all your updates.I will continue to be a WLFI SCROOGE if I choose to. Have a great week everyone ;)

Charlene for some strange reason some people do not like this blog. I don’t know but I think with yourself Madman Monster Mary Ann and others I continue to post. So here it is. The Stoogies are here to stay . Thank you all for being part of this fun group. And Chad you keep up the great job. And when it is needed I will post weather news from the Kentland area. Thanks to all. Moe/Jim

38.5* in Lafayette, and I am loving it! Bud I agree, It does seem that there have been some comments posted that show lack of respect towards others. There is no need for name calling, such as “idiots” etc. And Mary Anne is right about nasty comments posted on here during severe wx. I do know that Chad has stated how much he appreciates our reports, that they are helpful to him. I have been a weather watcher for many years and I appreciate Chad’s Weather Blog. I just hope it can retain its reputation as a friendly blog! Peace:)

19. ~Sher~ says:

Pretty much agree with everything Bud stated…

And…sometimes “change is good”…but not always…

I used to read/post here frequently…but after coming across many posts with what I..personally..consider inappropriate language,jokes, etc…I decided to remove myself from the blog…

It deff has become more of a “chat room” than a Weather Blog…seems there could be other ways for people to communicate re issues other than weather..jmho

However..with that being said…it all comes down to one’s Personal Choice..and I made mine…

And..most important…THANKS CHAD FOR ALL YOU DO…