Accumulating Snowfall Will Arrive After Midnight (1-3″)

February 1st, 2013 at 2:42 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Snow will arrive after midnight & last through Saturday morning, bringing 1-3″ of accumulation.¬† A narrow 3-5″ band is possible, but it looks to be southeast of our viewing area with another narrow band of 3-5″ in northwestern Illinois.

A short wave late Saturday night-Sunday morning will bring flurries & snow showers with an additional coating in places likely.

Flurries & snow showers are possible Tuesday morning with an additional coating in places.

25 Responses to “Accumulating Snowfall Will Arrive After Midnight (1-3″)”

1. Randy says:

Time will tell.

Noaa sayin 4 to 5, total after sat night. Its about time geesh

Darn! I was hoping for one to three FEET… ;-)

4. Cantore says:

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I hope not!

6. Anna says:

Please please please let us only get the LOW estimate of this forecast amount!!!!

MadMan look at 3-4 on this man. I’m sure monster happy. Also. Moe

8. shawn says:

I dont see the 4-5 on the noaa can somebody give me a link.

9. Dustin Shadbolt says:

I can’t wait for Spring.

Dustin from Monon

Chad….I know this is WAAYY out there but any idea this next weekend and Mon-Tues following the 9th???

MA in REM….with Teri on this one :-)

Not trying to usurp Chad on this one, in fact he prob has it nailed….this is from KLOT (Chicago):

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL
    348 PM CST FRI FEB 1 2013

ILZ003>006-008-010>014-019>023-032-033-039-INZ001-002-010-011-019-
    020400-
    WINNEBAGO-BOONE-MCHENRY-LAKE IL-OGLE-LEE-DE KALB-KANE-DUPAGE-COOK-
    LA SALLE-KENDALL-GRUNDY-WILL-KANKAKEE-LIVINGSTON-IROQUOIS-FORD-
    LAKE IN-PORTER-NEWTON-JASPER-BENTON-
    INCLUDING THE CITIES OF…ROCKFORD…BELVIDERE…WOODSTOCK…
    WAUKEGAN…OREGON…DIXON…DEKALB…AURORA…WHEATON…CHICAGO…
    OTTAWA…OSWEGO…MORRIS…JOLIET…KANKAKEE…PONTIAC…
    WATSEKA…PAXTON…GARY…VALPARAISO…MOROCCO…RENSSELAER…
    FOWLER
    348 PM CST FRI FEB 1 2013 /448 PM EST FRI FEB 1 2013/

…PERIODS OF SNOW EXPECTED TONIGHT…

A WEATHER DISTURBANCE WILL DROP SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE AREA
    TONIGHT. THIS WILL RESULT IN PERIODS OF SNOW TONIGHT ACROSS THE
    AREA. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST
    THROUGH THE EVENING HOURS. ONCE THE SNOW BEGINS IT COULD FALL AT
    A DECENT RATE AT TIMES…WITH AMOUNTS OF UP TO A HALF INCH PER
    HOUR POSSIBLE. THIS WILL LIKELY RESULT IN DRASTICALLY REDUCED
    VISIBILITIES UNDER 1 MILE…AND THE RAPID ACCUMULATION OF SNOW ON
    AREA ROADS. THE HIGHEST SNOWFALL AMOUNTS SHOULD FALL ACROSS
    NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWESTERN INDIANA…GENERALLY ALONG AND
    NORTHEAST OF A LINE FROM NEAR DIXON SOUTHEASTWARD THROUGH MORRIS
    TO RENSSELAER INDIANA. A TOTAL OF 2 TO 4 INCHES IS EXPECTED…WITH
    LESSER AMOUNTS SOUTH AND WEST OF THIS LINE. THE SNOW WILL QUICKLY
    TAPER OFF FROM WEST TO EAST SATURDAY MORNING.

THOSE PLANNING TRAVEL ACROSS THE AREA TONIGHT SHOULD BE PREPARED
    FOR RAPIDLY DETERIORATING CONDITIONS LATER THIS EVENING…ALONG WITH
    SLICK SNOW COVERED ROADS.

12. teresa says:

NOAA has “about an inch”

I’d tend to take them since Chad is usually giving higher amounts…

13. maybelater says:

Mary Ann…your post does Agree with Chad’s forecast. He’s predicting 2 inches for Renselear and the forecast you posted forecasted 2 to 4 inches.
    Chad looks to be on the mark.

14. Tyler says:

Can you say virga ! Doubt much of it will hit the ground but I hope not i want a little snow this winter :/

15. Bill in C'ville says:

New model runs look a little better for snow now!

16. Crista says:

I think Im having a case a seasonal affective disorder…Im nevr sad or bored and Im both big time this year. Really bad…as much as I love snow….I think I need an early Spring for my sanity.

Feel bad for you, Crista. I know I have SAD on cloudy days. Thankfully the days and weeks go really fast for me and soon it will be spring again!!

Keep your chin up!! Come here often we will try to cheer you :-)

It will be curious to see how much snow we get up here. I am 12 miles south of Rensselaer. Will it wobble??

Mary Ann is that the same special weather statement NWS sent out. ? If so Chad has it most likely

20. Lisa says:

Just a smidge south of Brook….wonder what we’ll get, too.

21. Tom says:

Hey Crista! I don’t think we will have and early Spring, but I could sing that song “Singing in the Rain” to you. Singing that song sometimes helps. Hang in there Crista! Spring will be here before you know it!

Jim that is from Chi )KLOT) and yes, official. Chad has it nailed! You and I are on the edge of this line, wonder what we will get! You too, Lisa :-)

23. teresa says:

Chad is awesome ..we are soooo lucky to have him !!

24. Lisa says:

Not much in Brook @ 6:28 am. I can see my grass.