Up to 6″ of Snow in Central Mississippi…………Bit of Snow For Us In the Forecast

January 17th, 2013 at 4:48 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Up to 6″ of snow has fallen in Mississippi & 4″ in Alabama.

Below is a pic from the east side of Birmingham, Alabama on I-59.  The other is in Birmingham Metro from ABC 33/40.  I read a statement that all roads in Cullman County, Alabama are closed due to hundreds of fender benders.

Roads are also closed in Lamar County, Alabama until evening due to multitude of accidents.

Here, flurries & a few snow showers are possible Saturday night-Sunday with up to 1″ of snow in the viewing area Monday &/or Tuesday.  A bit of light freezing rain & sleet are possible Thursday as warm front passes.  It appears this may change to some plain rain/drizzle for a while Thursday night (it may stay as all freezing rain & drizzle Thursday night in the far northeast), followed by some flurries Friday.

6 Responses to “Up to 6″ of Snow in Central Mississippi…………Bit of Snow For Us In the Forecast”

1. Josh says:

Why don’t u move there the William

Hey William Chad is doing the best he can. I myself would like to see some more snow . What’s up the comments. I can’t bdldive I just read that .

I’m sorry I can’t believe I just read that.

4. renee says:

his comment needs to be deleted!!
    I think I just saw a meteor…it looked on fire.

5. Val says:

Some people do not realize the comments they make is just a reflection of themselves. But anyways, Chad your doing an awesome job. I am sure that there are many snow lovers out there are just in awww over the photos wishing it was here. I am sure that before winter is over with we will get our turn. We may not get “THE BIG ONE”. But anything over an inch or two will be more then what we have had. In the mean time I will keep looking at my seed catalogs and diagramming out my garden for this spring.

6. Kathy says:

musta deleted his comment its gone don’t know what he said but don’t care to know either,,Chad does a wonderful job and his blog is interesting to read it’s people like that guy that are so bored and lonely that they have to say something to feel as they fit in or out whatever, but they will be the lonely one’s in the end…keep up the great work Chad