UpdateJanuary 8th, 2013 at 2:37 pm by Chad Evans under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog
Forecast still looks good. With us getting closer, I can hone some details out. Wednesday looks decent with high clouds/sun & near 46 with brisk south wind. High clouds will tend to increase & thicken later in the day.
1. Thursday looks showery (off & on rain) as it moves in near midday. This will tend to last through the afternoon with the steady, widespread rainfall tending to arrive after 5 p.m.
2. Rain tapers Friday with warm highs in the 50s.
3. Rain returns Saturday morning with thunder in the afternoon. Windy, warm high in the 56-61 range.
4. 1-2″ still looks like a good bet over this 3-day period.
5. Wabash at downtown Lafayette expected to rise to around 10′ by early next week (minor flood stage is 11′).
6. Wabash at Covington expected to rise to around 14.4′ by early next week (minor flood stage is 17′).
7. Accumulating snow &/or mix is still possible around January 15, however exact day, hours of arrival, etc, as well as storm track is in question.