3.5-4.0″ Measured at WLFI….3″ Wolcott with 5″ Drifts

December 26th, 2012 at 2:06 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

Averaged out 3.5-4.0″ of snow with 12 measurements on & around snowboard at WLFI.

6.0″ reported southeastern Montgomery County.

2.5-3.5″ reported in Fountain County.

3″ reported from Wolcott.

9 Responses to “3.5-4.0″ Measured at WLFI….3″ Wolcott with 5″ Drifts”

The “Very Heavy Snow Band” previously reported has apparently reached Flora. Snow falling heavier and thicker. Snow on streets is melting; temp is 31.5 degrees.

2. Keith says:

Pffffffft.

I can still see blades of grass in my whole yard.

What a bust.

3. ML in Rochester says:

Educated guess of three inches in Rochester. My friend estimated two inches in Culver. Major drifting in both spots, so it is hard to tell actual snowfall totals.

4. Cliff says:

This is bad and I harp on this but alot here wasnt around in 77-78 with WC’s -50 to -60 below and near 50MPH winds for 3 days straight. 10-15foot drifts. You couldnt even stand to stick your head out the door to look. And if you did saw only 3-4foot away. And standed inside for days. IF you had power you were very lucky!! Talk about Cabin Fever!! Now thats a blizzard!!

5. James in Warren County says:

I have about the same here in Warren county near Independence, 3.5″ – 4″ based on a 8 or 10 measurements. It’s snow, but it’s slowed down a bit.

I believe we (northern Warren) have less than 2 inches at 3:15. PM

7. Barbie says:

I just shoveled here in town in Frankfort and it seemed to me we got six or seven inches. It is still snowing and blowing.

8. Chuck says:

4.5 Miles NE of Frankfort. Very hard to measure this storm. Both snow boards have been pelted with heavy wind gusts to 40 mph. Looks like best measurements are showing between 5 and 6 inches. Drifts to 3 – 4 feet around west/southwest parts of buildings. Still snowing good, waiting for lull in wind to start shoveling my driveway.
    Chuck

9. Jeff W says:

Near Battle Ground, looks like about 4.5 inches. Took a bunch of measurements – they varied from around 3 to as much as 7 inches, but there also was a cluster around 4.5.