December 7th, 2012 at 2:54 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

2-4″ of snowfall tonight, followed by 3-9″ snow Sunday in Minnesota & Wisconsin will result in some totals of 12″.  This, combined with winds up to 32 mph & blizzard conditions will be possible.  Wind chills will drop to -20 Sunday night.  Winter Storm Watches are up for that area.

Here, looks like showers the rest of today & tonight.

This is why I have been going cooler than models & everyone recently, as models keep showing warmer weather for this week & the weekend.  I gave in some today with 50-57 forecast, but highs have been 46-50.  Again, this is cooler than guidance.  So, I am still following the cooler than guidance/everyone path, but moderated it slightly for the weekend.

Some showers will likely linger into tonight with drizzle & fog then a mostly cloudy Saturday (may stay totally overcast, given new data with 40s).  Sunday looks showery with showers continuing into Sunday night (40s falling into the 30s).  These will end as some wet snow Monday, most likely in the morning with less than 1″ of accumulation on grassy surfaces (30s).

10 Responses to “Blizzard Conditions & Up to 12″ Snow Northwest of Here This Weekend (Windchills to -20 Sunday Night)…….Rain Ending As Some Wet Snow Here”

1. Crista says:

That’s it! I’m moving up north. But if I do, it will most likely stop snowing up there too. I’m bad juju….for snow anyway.

2. ch n ffort says:

Huh..i repeat of last winter???

3. ch n ffort says:

Sorry…a repeat of last winter that is.

4. Crista says:

Tell me about it…..

5. ~Sher~ says:

Be patient all you “Snow Lovers”…your turn will come ;)

Let us “Non-Snow Lovers” enjoy this milder-than-normal-less snow pattern while it lasts :)

6. Carol says:

I know snow can cause havoc, and I surely want everyone to be safe. But, dang it…I miss the beauty a good snow brings, and the coziness it brings indoors watching it fall. I just have lost a lot of hope for a winter deserving of it’s name anymore. It’s not even fun reading the weather blogs, because it’s always about the warmth and the rain.

7. ~Sher~ says:

I’ll admit..awaking to a fresh “snowfall” can be beautiful…but with that being said…

One has to then deal with removing it…driving in it and hoping no idiot comes plowing into you (and I’m aware that can happen even in dry/sunny weather but the chances are greater during Winter)…then it becomes dirty and ugly as it’s melting…

Soooo…I still prefer the coziness of “rainfall” and hearing it fall on the awnings, etc…

And…less work & hassle to deal with…jmho of course :)

8. jackie says:

It can stay mild all winter and I would be happy! Don’t like cold weather or snow!

Just as long as we don’t get ICE, as in frz rain. I detest that situation!! :-) Let the rain/snow begin :-)

10. ~Sher~ says:

@Jackie…

I think you and me are out numbered or else all the other “Non-Snow Lovers” are not commenting ;)