Now-Monday Forecast

August 31st, 2012 at 12:09 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

On-going forecast looks good.  Narrow wave of isolated showers/t’showers along I-74 still looks good today with an increase in cloud from south to north with the coolest readings in our southern counties.  I may tweak the temp down a couple degrees, given this Isaac cloud cover looking thicker than anticipated.  So, upper 80s south, 90 middle & lower 90s north will do.

Isaac remnants will NOT bring a solid, steady rain for 3 days, but waves/bands of showers & a few t’storms.  It appears the heaviest, most widespread band may still be Saturday afternoon-evening.

Like 60% coverage of rainfall Saturday, 50% Sunday & upped Monday unfortunately to 40%, given trend for more in the way of some scattered showers/t’showers on Labor Day itself.

1-3″ of rainfall Saturday-Monday still looks good.  A couple isolated 4″ amounts are possible in our far northwest counties.

6 Responses to “Now-Monday Forecast”

1. Crista says:

Oh…how I wish it was snow….

Yes…I am aware that would be A LOT of snow…that’s the point…

:) :) :)

Thank you for the update Chad! I have been watching the clouds roll in! Wind is picking up a bit as well.

3. Chrystal says:

Hey Chad its your neighbor Chrystal do you think that we will have to mow the grass again finally lol. I have been meaning to drop by and say hello but Idk what you guys schedule is like and I dont want to be intrusive. Give Balto some love for me :) Hope to see you on a walk when the weathers nice again. Have a good day

Winds kicking up here. Current temp is 91.6, in the shade. Watching the location of Isaac on weather radars, at various locations, I remain skeptical we’ll receive as much rain as forecast. (Yes, I hope I’m incorrect…)

5. Brandon-elkhart says:

Hey chad,
    Thanks for the update..
    My family and friends are postponing our holiday get together, thats scheduled for saturday..
    Do to the possiblity of often rains and wind.. ( we will be outside most of day/evening )..
    We are thinking of rescheduling for next saturday september 8th..

What are your thoughts on next weekends weather !
    If you could help me out, that would be great.

Your thoughts and blog is always appreciated !!
    Thanks !

Just watching this move it has not made a right turn yet, so afraid we will not get much rain from this. Hoping I am wrong.