Need to Watch Iowa for Another MCS

June 29th, 2012 at 4:46 pm by under Chad's WLFI Weather Blog

This will be the last posting until further notice.  Wife may be going into labor.  Will keep you up to date.  Thank you!

“Ring of Fire” pattern is underway with “ridge riders” riding on the periphery of the 100s.

These (perhaps 2) will affect us overnight-Saturday night.

Trigger is two subtle shortwaves riding up & over the 100s, which will help to trigger storms to pop through the cap.  The weak cold front sagging in will act as a train track for any storms to ride into the area.

However, not every one in the viewing area is guaranteed a storm.

Some severe wind & hail are possible with any one of these rounds.

35 Responses to “Need to Watch Iowa for Another MCS”

1. Crista says:

We need the rain. Bring it on.

2. Ryan H says:

I feel good about the second MCS. I’m hoping we all get at least 1″ of rain out of this one. And hopefully it comes through when it is dark so the rain can soak into the ground better and not evaporate right away!

Storm passed overhead here. Hammered us: wind gusts, ear-splitting thunder, and blinding lightning flashes. Rain came down at a brisk pace; perhaps 30 minutes. Bone-dry again on streets. Temperature went from 96 to 70 in a half-hour! Multiple power outages: both exploding transformers and power lines torn loose.

4. Nick says:

Chad,I have to say you are wrong quite often. I’m no expert, but geez dude. I follow WeatherBug on my phone and it’s pretty accurate…at least until a day or two out. Here’s my thought: Quit with the long term forecasting doom or gloom. You say in three days it’s going to be dry and it rains. You say it’s going to be 100 and its 92. If you didn’t look so smug about your 7 day forecast, it wouldn’t be so annoying. You’ve been preaching no rain for the last week and it rained in Jeff’s yard yesterday and we got dumped on. I think we’d respect you more if you just said Hey I don’t know for sure, but here’s what I am thinking. But you’d better check with the pros at the Weather Channel to be sure.

5. Holly says:

congrats on the baby!!!

6. JLB says:

All the best on the baby! :-)

7. Dustin Shadbolt says:

Congrats on the child! :)

8. CJ says:

Congratulations on the new baby Chad!!!!!

Congratulations on your first-born, Chad and wife! :-) Don’t worry about the website; we regulars will keep it from getting TOO far outta control! ;-P

10. Kenneth says:

Wow nick congratulations on weather bugs so flawless predictions. But really if you don’t like chad work why do you keep coming here?

11. Mike says:

Nick I think Chad does a great job. NWS had no potential of even rain in northern indiana & we had massive wind damage & wind to 91 mph at fort wayne. NWS in Indy didn’t for any rain today with in their forecast lastnight.

Give the guy a break, he is the best forecaster we have ever had in this region & the best I have encountered in my movements around the country.

12. charlene says:

Chad..congrats on the new addition to your little family… ;-) God Bless !

13. Bill in C'ville says:

Chad’s one of the best no doubt! If you really follow him religiously you will see his detailed forecast is for us. Nobody else will stick there neck out there to make such a detailed forecast. Forecasting is not an exact science, mother nature has the final word.

14. Todd says:

Chad….congrats on your baby!!! Chad is one of the most accurate forecasters out there. He was predicting this triple digit heat long before others were. We are very fortunate to have someone of this caliber keeping us tuned to whatever mother nature decides to throw our way.

Todd

15. jackie says:

Wow I wish I had nothing else better to do than complain about the weather forcast. Jeez!

16. Samantha says:

Congrats on the new baby !!!

Chad we women know it takes a storm (pressure change) to bring on labor..hoping this is it, the day when baby is born. The second gust front has just hit here. Nothing as strong as first one earlier today. I am up watching radar as my county is under a warning.

MA in REM I am SO Glad to see you guys standing up for Chad! He is the best around!

18. Kenneth in WhiteCounty says:

Oh so beautiful rain, so much rain right now.

Chad, hope Liz and you;) are doing well, and your baby is born soon:) Do keep us posted! Ditto Mary Anne! We ended up with .97″ of rainfall in the last 24 hours..Woo-hoo! Wild light show this morning!

20. charlene says:

Mary Anne Best, I was going to say it was the weather too but, I thought it was a “family-tale” on my side…lol…too funny ! Bet she already had the baby or will tonight ;-)

No, I think that is valid, Charlene. I have had nurses say so, too. It is the low pressure that brings it on. My oldest was born during a blizzard and there were four of us there, not one of us was due!

We ended up with a blessed .63 inch rain. Not a drop until after midnight. Twas a stormy night, wx radio went off twice, but thanking God for the blessing of rain!

22. Sarah says:

I am so bummed I missed the rain. Did it rain in WL? Congrats on the baby!

23. Brent says:

.4″ rain over night .5mi. East of Delphi airport. Lots of cool fireworks.

24. Monster says:

nick musta got the 2 mixed up chads been right on for the last 2 to 3 weeks his long term forecast accurate more than anybody in the united states he predicted this heatwave a month ago so shut up

25. Janet Hawn says:

Chad does a great job! Chad is the best forecaster we have ever had around here. He is definitely a pro.
    Very hot and muggy at this time.
    I hope things are going well with your wife and the baby!!:)))

26. JEM says:

Had .2 yesterday afternoon and .4 over night. Getting greedy now – hoping this ridge keeps popping them in. Just north of WLFI around Harrison HS.

Good luck Chad -

27. Kathy says:

Congrats on the baby! And to Nick wow you sure don’t follow much do you, he was almost dead on for his long term winter forcast and he does say rain is possible depending certian things you need to pay more attention! Chad is the best we have had here. Thank-you Chad for all the hard work you do and all the instreasting postings you post!

28. Kathy says:

oops excuse the mispellings lol was typing to fast lol

29. mikeyg says:

Congrats Chad and Liz! You will be great parents!

30. Ron B says:

Wow Nick, what a jserk thing to say. I for oe listen to Chad. He is pretty spot on with the forcast. He never said it wasnt going to rfain, he said not everyone will see it. He also said, if you would listen that we may get some sever weather from pop up storms, but not enough rain to put a dent in the drought. So maybe you should put down your beer and open your ears next time.

31. Dustin Shadbolt says:

Just a little side note…..No one can accurately predict the weather. Not even the “pros at Weather Channel”. Weather is a science and it’s all about guess work. It’s a weird science. Just like I could get rain, but yet my neighbors stay dry. Chad is pretty much the best around here about trying to predict what our crazy state will be doing next. Just sayin’.

Back on topic. I love this rain. I still can’t wait for the snow/cold weather! :)

Cograts Chad and Liz on your new baby girl!

Ditto Teri!!!

34. JLB says:

Ditto Terri also!

Oh my…another little one, to wrap her daddy around her little finger, whenever she pleases! Congrats, Chad and Liz!:-)